Blue

Blue
an illustrated novel

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Chapter 20 Death by Numbers-Act 1 Scene 7

Within about an hour, Samuel began waking up. It was a process. First he opened his eyes, then he closed them again, hoping that the world he opened his eyes to was a dream. If it was, that would mean that the pain was also a dream. Neither was true. Samuel had noticed Gus in the room and had immediately summed him up as useless. He also decided to keep his mouth shut until he had time to get his bearings. Unfortunately, Gus had been in the process of investigating his own reflection to see if he had started growing nose hairs when Samuel awoke. As chance would have it, Gus caught site of Samuel's open eyes and decided that it was his job to get Samuel to do some talking.

"Hello there," Gus began," my name is Gus. Look, I know you probably don't feel much like talking but Sal said I was supposed to tell him anything that you say. If you don't say anything, then I can't tell him anything and I will probably get fired, even though Sal is my uncle. If you do say something then I have to record it so could you tell me first if you plan on saying anything? Oh, and I know your name is Samuel, so you don't have to tell me that if you don't wanna. Also, I know that you're one of the toughest guys so whoever got you must've been totally beezle. So, do you have anything to say?" Gus really just wanted Samuel to say anything so he could call Sal and go home.

Samuel opened his eyes again. He reached up his hand and motioned Gus over to himself with his index finger as if he needed Gus close enough to hear a whisper. Gus came in close, pulling the recorder from his pocket and holding it our toward Samuel's mouth. When Gus was close enough, Samuel grabbed him by the throat and squeezed, just hard enough to sink into the fat. He pulled Gus's ear to his mouth and said," Go Bast Yourself, and get the Varst out of here before I pop you."

No comments:

Post a Comment