Blue

Blue
an illustrated novel

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Chapter 19 Learning at the Speed of Light 4

"Who me, well I, um, so anyway, you and she and, well, Mojahdii. I mean I was just, well, I was, like standing there and looking at you guys and then, 'PffffffTttt', you're like gone... Just gone." Targent spits out clumsily as he begins to hop up and down. "And Then, then, I, well I, then, y'know, then I, like, y'know, I  uh I,well I know it must all be true. Y'know the whole thing, Tommy, that you're Onjadiavaan and that you have brought Shedavah to me, uh, i mean us, yes, us, Shedavah, and you're like totally Onjadiavaan which means that you can do amazing things like disappear and fly and run super fast and hear things like a super-good-hearing animal and you can be here and there and heal people and grow things and stuff like that." Targent held himself in his own arms like he was holding in his bones for fear they might jump out and hug Tommy with enthusiasm and then he looked at his own feet and said," so I came out here to find you 'cause I know you like it out here... and here you are, and I got to see you fly and you were like going up and down and all over and like upside down and Anna, she was like hangin' on and like,'ahhhhh-ooohhhh-ahhhh', and you're like all shootin' through the sky and stuff, and I'm like, 'Ooh, I wanna fly, I wanna fly, I wanna fly', and then you're like back on the ground so i got scared and jumped in this tree. So you're probably done with flying now and totally all ti-i-i--i-i-rrrrrrr!"

Blue had taken Targent quickly by his shoulders and launched into the sky with him so fast it took his breath away.They rocketed straight up into the sky with ease then levelled out into a coast roughly half-a-mile up.

"Tired, hmm-mmn," Targent laughed sheepishly to himself in a tone that said 'I guess I was wrong as well as the next time I pull the poor me, I guess I missed out routine, I'd better be ready if they call my bluff!' He was dangling below Blue who had a firm hold of Targent from behind his back and around his chest. "Barfunkle, Tommy, this is awesome, I mean Onjadiavaan, totally Beezle".

Blue shot in low over the tree-line with him and landed smoothly on the path just meters away from where they started as a delighted Anna Marie laughed and clapped, applauding their return. Targent gave her a big hug then she reached out and took Blue's hand as the three of them walked together, back toward the village.

No comments:

Post a Comment