Blue

Blue
an illustrated novel

Monday, September 6, 2010

Chapter 8 Z not EZ continued

As they finally cleared the asteroid belt, Tommy calmly said."Hey Vinny, it appears as though that ass we're supposed to kick just showed up." Vinny quickly signalled Tommy back into the belt.

"I can't believe that Z jumped in early," Vinny said," must be desperate for more Gear Points, trying to surprise us just out of the belt. If we had been any slower his plan would have worked," he continued as he tucked in behind the largest asteroid at the end of the belt.

"A desperate foe is only half the challenge," Tommy replied.

Vinny burst out laughing,"Tommy!?! Did you really just call Z half a challenge, this is priceless. A whole different fighter, complete with funky helmet and dinosaur-style joystick action, flying skill like I've never witnessed before - and  now you dismiss Z, the highest ranked pilot in the system, as half a challenge. If I wasn't worried you'd dump your whole status, I'd send you out there alone, you cocky son of my mother!"

Blue wasn't too sure just how good Tommy was supposed to be, so he assumed it would be best to let Vinny lead. Still, he wasn't about to miss out on this chance to fly, fight and win in a ship that he designed in a game that kicked ass on anything he had ever played. If the opportunity presented itself, he was going blast Z and the other two fighters he brought with him out of space, straight to "Game Over". "I hear ya, Vinny - I got your back - but if I get the chance, I'll assume you wouldn't mind if I make Z wait a little longer for those points would ya?"

Vinny chuckled, "stop Bastin' with me bro, Varst NO! We want to keep that bastard Z from getting ANY more points than he already has. Farb knows he's got enough to spare."

"Hello Boys!" A new voice invaded Blue's head. "Took me awhile to figure out your new frequency, Tommy. I just think it's my job to let you know, it's not the fighter that wins the battle, it's the pilot. But judging by that heap you're flying, I don't think I have to worry about either."

No comments:

Post a Comment