Blue

Blue
an illustrated novel

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Chapter 8 Vinny wants to Play

It took Blue all of about two seconds to realize that he had just dodged a major bullet on the God thing. Shaking off the ride, he turned his attention to the house to which Vinny had just seemingly time-warped him. It took half of two seconds to re-evaluate his position on "crime don't pay". Partially regaining his balance, he slowly slumped his way toward the front door.

"Bastin' farbunkle, Tommy!," Vinny laughed,"you really are messed up. You never use your front door. If I didn't know better, I'd say you aren't Tommy Levito!"

Blue laughs an exhausted sort of chuckle,"Look Vinny, I can't remember half the things I should, damn near didn't recognize you, had trouble figuring out what went down with Alonso and company, so do me a favor, help me get back in the swing of things. I just feel way too..  different, ya' know?"

Tommy looked at Vinny. The two men stood just outside a side door that Vinny had meandered over to while Tommy was explaining his dilemma.The next thing Blue knew, Vinny had him by the back of the neck. Suddenly, Vinny held Tommy's face about six inches from a narrow mirror on the door. "Welcome home, Tommy," said the door, as it slid open.

"I guess your house knows it's you, eh Bro?" Vinny smiled and breathed a heavy, satisfied sigh, "Ah the T-bone shack - I love hangin' out at your place, man. Hey, I know you're tired but we gotta hit at least one round, whaddya' say?"

Blue had no idea what Vinny meant, however, he figured it couldn't be worse than what he had experienced over the most recent twenty four hours of his and Tommy's combined life, so he said "sure".

No comments:

Post a Comment